Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency - Wallet Security
Workshop is by appointment only - Call (917)338-0645
- Purchase a ticket for any day, and we'll get in contact to pick a date and time that works for you. Or give us a call at (917) 338-0645 -
This workshop is in collaboration with SatoshiLabs, the creator of the Trezor Model T hardware wallets.
Since 2012, we at xCubicle have been helping to grow the cryptocurrency community here in NYC. Recently, we’ve noticed many non-technical users having a hard time using their hardware wallets that they’ve purchased online. Even after watching a few YouTube videos on how to use these wallets can leave many users with questions and anxiety about moving their coins onto them. We feel that new users of these devices would feel more at ease using them if we had a hands-on environment with someone nearby to help.
This hands-on workshop was developed specifically for the Trezor Model T hardware wallets. Users can bring their Trezor Model T for the workshop, or they can purchase one from us at a discounted rate only at the workshop ($130).
Watch a short clip of our previous workshops:
Duration of Workshop: 2 hours
Max Students per Class: 10
Private lessons are available. Contact Us.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will learn the basics of Bitcoin wallets and how to secure them properly. This will also be a hands on wallet creation and walk though of using the Trezor T.
Below is an outline of what we will cover:
- Brief Intro to Bitcoin for newcomers
- The ABC's of a Bitcoin wallet
- What is a public / private key pair related to wallets?
- Types of wallet applications for each operating system
- What is hot/cold storage?
- Trezor Model T Features as compared to the rest
- Trezor Model T Walkthrough from start to end
- Understanding Threats to Wallets Security (Double Spend / Trojans / Ransomware / Worms )